Sunday, June 3, 2012

Tree of Life, Original Painting, Sheri Farabaugh

Tree of LIfe, Sheri Farabaugh, Original Oil Painting 18x36 This painting will be for sale at the Art Student's League Summer Art Market. One of Denver's Finest art fairs. Sat and Sun, June 9th and 10th from 10am to 5pm, 200 Grant Streetm Denver, CO. Tent #135. . And just to add a little bit about this rascal of a painting: . I imagine every artist has a painting that has seemed like a lifetime project. They wind up turned to the wall for months on end, hoping for a revealation when you finally take another look. This is one of mine....there are others. Some eventually work and some just get painted over. Funny thing is, the most detailed parts of this painting were the things that came together fairly effortlessly. It was the top half, fading into the mist that gave me fits. How much detail was too much in the foliage, and finding just the right shade of green was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Finally, I think it's been 3 (maybe 4) years later, I think I'm there. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment